On more than 80 running kilometers, both training and pleasure-oriented trail runners get their money's worth on the Pizol.
The routes are varied - from the pleasure run on the Pizol Panorama Höhenweg, to the challenging mountain run on the Garmil, to Rottenmeier's rigorous Ultra Trail with 64km in length and 4,000 meters in altitude over the entire Pizol area. But one thing is the same on all trails: you will be rewarded for your exertions with a breathtaking view of the surrounding mountains and over the St. Gallen Rhine Valley to Lake Constance! The mountain running trails on the Pizol range from 1,452 m above sea level to 2,506 m above sea level and are therefore ideal for altitude training for all fitness levels and skill levels.
Distribution of trails
- Heidi's routes from/to mountain station Bad Ragaz
- Peter's routes from/to mountain station Wangs
- Alpöhi's routes from/to mountain station Laufböden/Pizolhütte
- Rottenmeier's Ultra Trail from/to Bad Ragaz valley station
- Consideration and tolerance towards other mountaineers
- Close all fences behind you
- Beware of suckler cows (reduce your pace and keep distance)
- Do not litter
- Adapt your footwear to the routes (trail shoes everywhere recommended)
- Take enough food and drink with you
- The weather can change very quickly in the mountains. Take appropriate clothing with you.
- Bring maps and a cell phone with good reception.
Standard pedestrian fare.