Information on cableway operation
In the following areas the wearing of a face mask is mandatory:
- At the ticket offices and ticket machines of the Pizolbahnen
- In the access area of all cableway facilities
- In the lift stations, inlet/outlet areas
- For all transport systems (gondolas, chair lifts, ski lifts)
- When using the sanitary facilities
- In the ski depots
- In the elevator tower at the parking lot Wangs
- In the shuttle buses to the outside parking lots
- Ride with the Pistenbully
Excluded from the mask obligation are children up to the age of 12 years and persons who cannot wear a face mask for special, especially medical reasons.
Please do not leave your used protective mask in the gondolas or in nature, but dispose of it properly. Waste containers are available in the station areas.
Guest flow control
The queuing areas at the lifts are organized in such a way that closely spaced groups of people are avoided as far as possible. In waiting and queuing zones in front of stations inside and outside of buildings, mouth and nose protection is mandatory.
Limited number of persons
A reduction of the maximum number of persons allowed in the lifts is not legally binding. However, the permitted capacities will not be used if the number of passengers is correspondingly low. We reserve the right to limit the number of persons on the Pizol lifts.
Contactless ticket purchase
Buy your ticket contactless whenever possible (see below for more information).
At our sanitary facilities, transport facilities and in the mountain restaurants and accommodations of the Pizolbahnen AG you will find sufficient hand disinfection equipment.
Cleaning and disinfection measures
The gondolas are disinfected daily. We use special cold fogging equipment to create a long-lasting, floating mist of droplets. Within one minute, 99.99% of viruses, bacteria and spores on the treated surfaces are eliminated. The active ingredient leaves no residues after use, is 100% biodegradable, non-toxic, pH-neutral and skin and eye friendly.
In the ski depots, but also, for example, in our sanitary facilities and the elevator tower in Wangs, surface disinfection measures are also carried out daily. Here, too, we rely on disinfection using the ULV cold fogging machines mentioned above.
The employees of Pizolbahnen AG and Pizol Gastro und Sport AG are trained in the protective measures and sensitized to the topic. Employees are instructed to wear a mouth and nose protection. Before starting work, all employees are daily performing body temperature measurements.
Every employee is given access to protective gloves, face masks and disinfectants.
What you can do for a safe cooperation
- Observe the obligation to wear a mask and always wear it if the prescribed minimum distance from other people cannot be maintained.
- Keep sufficient distance to strangers.
- Ventilate the gondolas during the ride.
- Observe the general rules of hygiene and wash your hands regularly.
- Do not leave your used protective mask in the gondolas or in nature, but dispose of them properly. Waste garbage cans are available in the station areas.
- Follow the recommendations and instructions of our staff on duty.
- If possible, pay cashless and use our webshop.
- If you have symptoms that could indicate a possible Covid-19 infection (fever, cough, sore throat, loss of taste/odor, ...), please stay at home or in your accommodation. Please contact the host of your accommodation or a doctor immediately.
Contactless ticket purchase
You can buy your ticket comfortably and safely from home. For example, you can load the ticket onto an existing chip card from the Pizol or your SwissPass card. Then you can march directly through the turnstile. If you do not have such a card, you will receive a voucher which you can exchange for a ticket at the ticket machine using the QR code.
to the webshop
On site you can also buy your ticket at the ticket machine and pay directly with your card. Please note, however, that you cannot buy tickets at the ticket machine for local fares. Reduced fares with Half-Fare Card/GA are only possible with the red SwissPass card. Furthermore, you can only pay by card (debit card, credit card, Postcard, AMEX) at the ticket machines. The surfaces of the ticket machines are regularly disinfected.
The ticket offices are still available. Please pay your ticket cash-free whenever possible.
Gastronomy of the Pizolbahnen AG
The following points concern the gastronomy outlets of the Pizolbahnen AG (Panoramarestaurant Edelweiss, Pizolhütte, Berghotel Gaffia and Gondola Bar). For information about the protective measures of the other restaurants, please contact the respective establishments directly.
- Mandatory mask-wearing: At present, you are obliged to wear a face mask when entering a restaurant. The mask can be taken off at the table.
- Sitting: Food and drinks may only be consumed sitting down (indoors and outdoors).
- Number of persons per table: A maximum of 4 guests per table is allowed.
- Minimum distances: In the mountain restaurants we pay attention to the official minimum distances of tables and seats.
- Limited number of guests: In order to ensure that a sufficient safety distance is maintained, we will limit access to our mountain restaurants - depending on the capacity utilization.
- Digital food/beverage cards: All our food/beverage cards can be accessed directly or via QR Code on the table on our website
- Reservations: We recommend a reservation in the mountain restaurants of the Pizolbahnen. We are happy to make reservations for the indoor area in the following time windows: 11-12.15 and 12.30-13.45 and, if required, from 14.00 hrs.
- Events: Events in the restaurants and bars of the Pizolbahnen will take place in compliance with the hygiene measures.
- Cleaning: The Pizolbahnen intensify a variety of cleaning activities in a targeted manner. This applies for example to the cleaning or disinfection of the tables/bar areas in the mountain restaurants as well as to handrails, door handles and sanitary facilities.
Accommodations of the Pizolbahnen AG
Due to the current situation, the cancellation conditions for the accommodations of the Pizolbahnen AG (vacation apartments in Haus Edelweiss and rooms as well as dormitories in Berghotel Gaffia) have been adjusted. Until further notice, the following cancellation conditions apply, under which the tenant can withdraw from a booking at any time under the following conditions:
- Up to 15 days prior to arrival: CHF 100.00 handling fee
- 14 to 0 days before arrival, no-show: 100% of the rental price
This rule applies to guests who are afraid to travel, have tested positive or are in quarantine. We recommend that you close a private travel insurance contract.
If a guest is no longer able to enter Switzerland due to an entry ban, the mutual claims will expire.
Should the official order to close the entire ski and hiking area Pizol be issued again, you are covered during the winter season 2020/21 and in summer 2021.
Annual and seasonal subscriptions 2020/21
The Pizolbahnen grant the following refund:
|Paid subscription price ×downtime days|
|Paid subscription price ×downtime days|
- The condition is that the entire Pizol area is affected by the ordered closure in winter 2020/21 or summer 2021 (for annual tickets) and that no lift may be in operation.
- For annual season tickets, winter is assumed with 75% and summer with 25%. Purchased parking tickets are settled with the same mode (winter).
- The days lost apply from the time the number of operating days falls below 92 in winter and 142 in summer as a result of the order. Therefore a refund can only be made after the official end of the season.
- Days lost due to the purchase date during the season are not included in the calculation.
- The entitlement will be granted in the form of a credit note (voucher) with the purchase of the next subscription 2021/22. Cash payment is excluded for subscription and annual tickets.
- This regulation applies exclusively to subscriptions 2020/21 (already purchased and new purchases).
- Amounts are rounded off to whole numbers.
Day and multi-day tickets
Purchased one-day and multi-day tickets that fall within the period of an officially ordered closure will be refunded in cash.
In various areas of the cableway facilities, restaurants and accommodations of the Pizolbahnen a general mask obligation applies. We are happy to equip our guests with practical multifunctional cloths, which can be used as a mask. The multi-functional towels comply with all specifications of the Federal Office for Health and have the appropriate certification.
Season and annual ticket holders
Season and annual ticket holders receive a multifunctional cloth including 1 filter free of charge. Additional filters can be purchased at the ticket offices. Subscription owners will receive a letter with further information sent to their home. Against delivery of this letter they can purchase the cloth at the ticket offices from mid-December.
Sale at the ticket office
Persons who do not have a seasonal or annual subscription have the possibility to buy the multifunctional towels from mid-December at ticket offices desks for CHF 15.00 per piece including 1 filter. The corresponding filters are sold in a pack of 10 for CHF 5.50.
Clean & Safe
Dense forests, clear lakes and fresh mountain air: Switzerland as a travel destination offers not only pure nature but also safety and a good health system. Under the patronage of Switzerland Tourism, Swiss tourism associations have launched the "Clean & Safe" trust campaign. A common label indicates that the service providers take the protection of guests and employees seriously and take special measures to ensure that you have a safe stay in Switzerland. We are part of "Clean & Safe".