Information on cableway operation
In the following areas the wearing of a face mask is mandatory:
- At the ticket offices and ticket machines of the Pizolbahnen
- In the access area of all cableway facilities
- In the lift stations, inlet/outlet areas
- For all transport systems (gondolas, chair lifts, ski lifts)
- When using the sanitary facilities
- In the ski depots
- In the elevator tower at the parking lot Wangs
- In the shuttle buses
- Ride with the Pistenbully
Guests aged 12 and over who do not wear a mask will not be transported. Guests who are excused from the mask requirement will be given an orange armband and will not be transported with other persons (except persons from the same household).
Please do not leave your used protective mask in the gondolas or in nature, but dispose of it properly. Waste containers are available in the station areas.
Guest flow control
The queuing areas at the lifts are organized in such a way that closely spaced groups of people are avoided as far as possible. In waiting and queuing zones in front of stations inside and outside of buildings, mouth and nose protection is mandatory.
Limited number of persons
The passenger restriction for mountain cableway facilities has been lifted. This means that our lifts may once again be used at full capacity. However, we expressly reserve the right to limit the number of persons at the Pizolbahnen.
Contactless ticket purchase
Buy your ticket contactless whenever possible (see below for more information).
At our sanitary facilities, transport facilities and in the mountain restaurants and accommodations of the Pizolbahnen AG you will find sufficient hand disinfection equipment.
Cleaning and disinfection measures
The gondolas are disinfected daily.
In the ski depots, but also, for example, in our sanitary facilities and the elevator tower in Wangs, surface disinfection measures are also carried out daily.
The employees of Pizolbahnen AG and Pizol Gastro und Sport AG are trained in the protective measures and sensitized to the topic. Employees are instructed to wear a mouth and nose protection. Before starting work, all employees are daily performing body temperature measurements.
Every employee is given access to protective gloves, face masks and disinfectants.
What you can do for a safe cooperation
- Observe the obligation to wear a mask and always wear it if the prescribed minimum distance from other people cannot be maintained.
- Keep sufficient distance to strangers.
- Ventilate the gondolas during the ride.
- Observe the general rules of hygiene and wash your hands regularly.
- Do not leave your used protective mask in the gondolas or in nature, but dispose of them properly. Waste garbage cans are available in the station areas.
- Follow the recommendations and instructions of our staff on duty.
- If possible, pay cashless and use our webshop.
- If you have symptoms that could indicate a possible Covid-19 infection (fever, cough, sore throat, loss of taste/odor, ...), please stay at home or in your accommodation. Please contact the host of your accommodation or a doctor immediately.
Contactless ticket purchase
You can buy your ticket comfortably and safely from home. For example, you can load the ticket onto an existing chip card from the Pizol or your SwissPass card. Then you can march directly through the turnstile. If you do not have such a card, you will receive a voucher which you can exchange for a ticket at the ticket machine using the QR code.
to the webshop
On site you can also buy your ticket at the ticket machine and pay directly with your card. Please note, however, that you cannot buy tickets at the ticket machine for local fares. Reduced fares with Half-Fare Card/GA are only possible with the red SwissPass card. Furthermore, you can only pay by card (debit card, credit card, Postcard, AMEX) at the ticket machines. The surfaces of the ticket machines are regularly disinfected.
The ticket offices are still available. Please pay your ticket cash-free whenever possible.
Gastronomy of the Pizolbahnen AG
Both the indoor and outdoor areas of our mountain restaurants are open. Outside, the maximum number of guests per table is 6, inside 4. Masks are still compulsory in all rooms and on the terrace. The mask may be removed at the table. Food and drinks may only be consumed while seated (indoors and outdoors).
Accommodations of the Pizolbahnen AG
Due to the current situation, the cancellation conditions for the accommodations of the Pizolbahnen AG (vacation apartments in Haus Edelweiss and rooms as well as dormitories in Berghotel Gaffia) have been adjusted. Until further notice, the following cancellation conditions apply, under which the tenant can withdraw from a booking at any time under the following conditions:
- Up to 15 days prior to arrival: CHF 100.00 handling fee
- 14 to 0 days before arrival, no-show: 100% of the rental price
This rule applies to guests who are afraid to travel, have tested positive or are in quarantine. We recommend that you close a private travel insurance contract.
If a guest is no longer able to enter Switzerland due to an entry ban, the mutual claims will expire.
Should the official order to close the entire ski and hiking area Pizol be issued again, you are covered during the winter season 2020/21 and in summer 2021.
Annual and seasonal subscriptions 2020/21
The Pizolbahnen grant the following refund:
|Paid subscription price ×downtime days|
|Paid subscription price ×downtime days|
- The condition is that the entire Pizol area is affected by the ordered closure in winter 2020/21 or summer 2021 (for annual tickets) and that no lift may be in operation.
- For annual season tickets, winter is assumed with 75% and summer with 25%. Purchased parking tickets are settled with the same mode (winter).
- The days lost apply from the time the number of operating days falls below 92 in winter and 142 in summer as a result of the order. Therefore a refund can only be made after the official end of the season.
- Days lost due to the purchase date during the season are not included in the calculation.
- The entitlement will be granted in the form of a credit note (voucher) with the purchase of the next subscription 2021/22. Cash payment is excluded for subscription and annual tickets.
- This regulation applies exclusively to subscriptions 2020/21 (already purchased and new purchases).
- Amounts are rounded off to whole numbers.
Day and multi-day tickets
Purchased one-day and multi-day tickets that fall within the period of an officially ordered closure will be refunded in cash.
In various areas of the cableway facilities, restaurants and accommodations of the Pizolbahnen a general mask obligation applies. We are happy to equip our guests with practical multifunctional cloths, which can be used as a mask. The multi-functional towels comply with all specifications of the Federal Office for Health and have the appropriate certification.
Season and annual ticket holders
Season and annual ticket holders receive a multifunctional cloth including 1 filter free of charge. Additional filters can be purchased at the ticket offices. Subscription owners will receive a letter with further information sent to their home. Against delivery of this letter they can purchase the cloth at the ticket offices from mid-December.
Sale at the ticket office
Persons who do not have a seasonal or annual subscription have the possibility to buy the multifunctional towels from mid-December at ticket offices desks for CHF 15.00 per piece including 1 filter. The corresponding filters are sold in a pack of 10 for CHF 5.50.
Clean & Safe
Dense forests, clear lakes and fresh mountain air: Switzerland as a travel destination offers not only pure nature but also safety and a good health system. Under the patronage of Switzerland Tourism, Swiss tourism associations have launched the "Clean & Safe" trust campaign. A common label indicates that the service providers take the protection of guests and employees seriously and take special measures to ensure that you have a safe stay in Switzerland. We are part of "Clean & Safe".