Ski touring rules
The SAC, together with Cableways Switzerland and the BFU – Advisory Office for Accident Prevention – has drawn up rules of conduct. The rules serve not only your own safety, but also that of other skiers and nature. Please follow them:
- Outside the operating hours of the transport facilities, the slopes are closed and therefore inaccessible. Also ski tourers have to respect the operating hours. Danger to life! Only explicitly opened slopes may be used for ski touring outside the operating hours.
During the operating hours of the transport facilities, the FIS rules apply to all users of snow sports slopes. Ski tourers on ski slopes must observe the following rules in particular:
- Ascent only at the edge of the slope
- Ascent only one after the other, not side by side
- No crossings at unclear or blind places
- Take special care on hilltops, in narrow sections, steep slopes and in case of icing
- Respect the ski operation; it has priority
- The instructions of the slope and rescue service must be followed. If a cable car company demands contributions for the use of the snow sport slopes, these must be paid accordingly.
- If special circumstances require it, the cable car company concerned has the option of prohibiting ski touring on its snow sports slopes even during operating hours.
- Wildlife rest areas and protected areas must always be observed. At dusk and in the dark, forest areas (especially with headlamps) must be avoided.