The natural world is close to the heart of Pizol Railway, and so it’s very important to us that we act responsibly, sustainably and respectfully in everything that we do. Together with our partner, myclimate, and as part of the ‘cause we care’ initiative, we are committed to the considerate and sustainable handling of nature and the environment.
Cause We Care - Together for Climate Protection and Sustainability
Careful use of resources to protect the environment is important to us. You can support us in this: As part of the myclimate "Cause We Care" initiative, we give you the opportunity to make an effective contribution to climate protection and sustainability with a voluntary contribution together with us.
With CHF 0.50 per cableway ticket and CHF 5.00 on the annual or season pass, you support our sustainability measures and offset the CO2 emissions of your mountain experience. In return, we promise to double the contribution. Part of the sum will be used to support high-quality international carbon offset projects of the myclimate foundation. The remaining amount will be invested by us in sustainability measures on site or in operational sustainability. You can also make a contribution by consuming the delicious Green Burger and buying gift vouchers or the multifunctional scarf from the fan store.
Together we care for the environment so that you and future generations can enjoy our nature.
myclimate is a partner for effective climate protection – globally and locally. Together with business partners and private individuals, myclimate strives to shape a better future for the world through consulting and educational activities as well as through its own projects. As a non-profit organisation, myclimate pursues these aims through an approach that is market-oriented and customer-focused. At Pizolbahnen AG, we are proud to be a partner of myclimate and to be working together for climate protection.
More information: myclimate.org
Environmental measures at the Pizol Railway
Environmental measures implemented to date:
- Education projects for children (nature workshop)
- Annual "clearing days" with ski clubs and schools to clean the alpine area.
- Energy efficiency Measures during operation, e.g. replacement of light sources with LEDs
- Heat exchangers on the gondola lift drive systems; the energy gained is utilised by catering establishments
- Replacement of hotplates in the catering industry
- An electric filling station at Bad Ragaz valley station
- Increasing energy efficiency by converting the controls and drives on all older chairlifts
- Environmental supervision for new buildings
- Decision for an energy-efficient snowmaking system with lances (Snowmaking 4.0)
- Replacement of old snowmaking equipment with energy-efficient types
- Employee training for energy efficiency measures
- Automatic demand-controlled system operation
- ECO Drive training for snowcat drivers
- Installation of exhaust gas cleaning technology in the snow groomers
- Offer of the Green Mountain Burger in the panorama restaurant Edelweiss. Consumption of a Green Mountain Burger generates CHF 1 per burger in the fund account.
- Sustainability gondola in Bad Ragaz & Wangs
- Wind turbine at the valley station Bad Ragaz for own energy production
Planned environmental measures:
- Renewable energies and second wind turbine in the ski area
- Further energy efficiency measures and corresponding employee training
- Further education projects for children in nature