Sustainability on the Pizol Railway
The natural world is close to the heart of Pizol Railway, and so it’s very important to us that we act responsibly, sustainably and respectfully in everything that we do. Together with our partner, myclimate, and as part of the ‘cause we care’ initiative, we are committed to the considerate and sustainable handling of nature and the environment.
cause we care – The climate is counting on us!
The initiative ‘cause we care’ from the Swiss myclimate Foundation gives our guests the opportunity to promote climate protection, locally and globally. With a voluntary contribution of CHF 0.50 for each train ticket, CHF 5.- on an annual or seasonal subscription or CHF 1.- on various climate-neutral gift vouchers, our guests can make an active contribution to climate protection and are able to enjoy a climate-neutral product. As a thank you, we promise to double your contribution and to invest the full amount in sustainability measures. In this way, the commitment from our guests goes on to achieve twice as much.
myclimate is a partner for effective climate protection – globally and locally. Together with business partners and private individuals, myclimate strives to shape a better future for the world through consulting and educational activities as well as through its own projects. As a non-profit organisation, myclimate pursues these aims through an approach that is market-oriented and customer-focused. At Pizolbahnen AG, we are proud to be a partner of myclimate and to be working together for climate protection.
More information: myclimate.org
Environmental measures at the Pizol Railway
Environmental measures implemented to date:
- Schulungsprojekt für Kinder (Naturwerkstatt)
- Merchandise Produkt "Multifunktionstuch" aus 100% recyceltem PET
- Annual cleaning-up days with ski clubs and schools
- Energy efficiency measures in the company premises
- replacing filament bulbs with LEDs
- Heat exchangers on the gondola lift drive systems; the energy gained is utilised by catering establishments
- An electric filling station at Bad Ragaz valley station
- Modifications to the control and drive systems of the chairlifts
- Environmental supervision for new buildings
- The choice of an energy-efficient snow machine with pikes (‘Schwamm’ project)
- Employee training for energy efficiency measures
- Automatic demand-controlled system operation
- ECO Drive training for snowcat drivers
- Installation of exhaust gas cleaning technology in the snow groomers
Planned environmental measures from the fund:
- Renewable energies
- Further energy efficiency measures and corresponding employee training
- Weitere Schlungsprojekte für Kinder in der Natur